Birmingham Design Slack community
An opportunity to engage with designers living and working in the West Midlands, exchange ideas, collaborate and be a supportive network of friends and co-workers.
Rules of engagement
Just a few things to consider when posting on Birmingham Design
Our group is for people who work professionally in design in the West Midlands or are looking to engage in a meaningful way with the design community.
Therefore we ask you to please adhere to a few guidelines when joining to make sure everyone enjoys the channel and feels comfortable engaging.
1. Conduct with other community members
- Celebrate, champion and big up your peers. This community is for bringing us together and sharing insights into our lives and work. It is not for tearing other people and agencies down.
- Please be respectful of other people’s time. Do not unnecessarily @ the entire group or individual people unless you absolutely have to.
- Engage with other community members appropriately. Do not harass, degrade or generally be a nuisance to other members.
2. Advertising in the group
- You may freely post your availability if you are a freelancer/looking for a job.
- If you are advertising a full-time/part-time role we ask that you submit a paid job listing on our site. (It’s only £49 and helps support what we do). If you have not done this then will delete the advert.
- You may advertise paid internships in the channel without submitting the above.
- You may not advertise your own app/service in the group without checking with the admin team first. Members are of course welcome to post helpful tools and discuss them.
Don’t worry if you’re new to Slack, we’re friendly and we’ll give you a helping hand!
If you have any issues using the group you can contact Dan Alcorn, Luke Tonge or Karl Randay via DM in the channel or drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org